It was one of those days where I woke up thinking of chocolate… yes this happens often. A little morning and a little chocolate so why not a coffee and chocolate combination. I found this recipe on PetiteKitchenesse a few months ago and marked it because they looked amazing and the ingredients were simple. And WOW were they good especially if you undercooked them to perfection and added a little vanilla ice cream.
Yield: around 3 dozen cookies
- 2⅔ cups (around 16 oz.) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon espresso
- 1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
Preheat over to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until a smooth mixture forms. I created a double broiler with a glass bowl.read more